Alenco Non Tilt Window

Home Owner from Henderson Nevada
Apr 12, 2013 8:10 pm
I have two types of alenco block / tackle lifts - one is labeled 2730 and the other is 2740. Both are 28 inches long, 9/16" wide.

The 2730 are installed in window weighing about 18 to 19 lbs. the 2740 are lifting windows about 21 to 22 lbs. Also need the top caps attached photo suffix 193, suffixes 188 & 189 are top and side view of entire lift, 204 is shoe, 218 is top of lift.

I could not find an exact replacement on your site - please advise on price - availability. Will need about 12 of the 2730's, about 4 of the 2740's and 16 of the top caps.

There is also little guides on the edges of movable window that keep the window from being sloppy are they available? Thanks in advance
User submitted photos of a window balance.
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 17, 2013 11:49 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting! I think your balance looks similar to our S390-28. What do you think? As for the top sash guide, I'm not so sure what you have based on this image. Could you give me more detailed dimensions? What is the thickness of the top base and bottom leg? What is the width of the leg and the T? What is the distance between the screw hole centers and the top and bottom of the guide? Let me know!
Home Owner from Henderson Nevada
Apr 18, 2013 7:21 pm
Thanks Tom,

The S390-28 seems to be an almost perfect match, I checked the dimensions of the plastic top and bottom shoe associated with the S390-28 and found them to be exact matches to the ones of the original balances. I will order a couple to try first just to make sure.

As to the top sash guides, I looked at the link you supplied in your answer for them and found that none of them were exact matches. The 18-009 is the closest match, the screw hole dimensions are exact to what I have, the only dimension different is the overall length. My original is 2" but the 18-009 is 1 11/32", I believe they will work and will order a couple to try just to make sure.

As to your questions about top / bottom leg and width of the leg and T I am not real sure what you wanted but if you look at the dimensions posted for the 18-009 - the only dimension different is the overall length as I stated above - I cannot see that will be a problem.

Thanks for all your help.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 19, 2013 9:05 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Great! If the screw holes match, and if the top sash guide can engage the channel balance, then it very well may work. It just might not look as pretty. Let me know how it works out!
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts