Anlin Window Double Coil Balance

Handy Person from California
Jun 27, 2024 11:41 pm
I need a double coil balance replacement for an Anlin window. The only stamp I can see on the assembly is either a 9 or a 6 on the shoe.

I'll attach some photos. Thanks for any information!

PS One of the coils broke, so I suppose I could just replace that part. I am thinking that it would be best to replace both coil balances on the window, though. Again, thanks for any feedback and part information.

Frank

A Handy Old Geezer
Anlin Window Double Coil Installed Anlin Window Double Coil Removed Anlin Window Coil Insert at Shoe Detail Anlin Window Coil Insert at Shoe Detail 2
4 user uploaded images
2 Replies
Handy Person from California
Jun 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Finally able to find the stamps on the springs: one 5lb spring paired with one 4lb spring. The sash weighs just under 19 pounds. The correct replacement part appears to be either the S140-09 or the S140-10. (tilt in sash)

Is there an advantage of using a double coil balance vs the single coil balance? The lightest weight S140 double coil balance you have listed is the S140-12. I'm guessing that is too much spring for my 19lb sash. Do you have any double coil balance for a 19lb sash? I cannot find a replacement spring with the correct attachment point for my existing shoe.

Thanks again for any feedback/information.

Sorry. The above comment should have said the S140-11 appears to be the lightest weight double coil in the s140 series.

Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Jul 1, 2024 9:36 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Frank, thank you for posting,

For a sash weight just under 19 pounds, we recommend the S140-09 on each side of the window. 

The fact that your original setup was a double coil will not make a difference and most likely due to a difference in the manufacturer. We do not carry a double coil setup of the S140 style that would not be too strong for the window sash. 

Please confirm the dimensions below to confirm a good fit and let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Alternate image for S140-9
Alternate image for S140-9

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts