Awning window operator: I can't find any identifying feature on the hardware

Home Owner from Pittsburgh
Jun 22, 2024 7:57 pm
I removed a broken awning window operator from my window. I cannot find a brand or part number on it anywhere. It has a brass plate on the bottom, two arms with shoes on the ends, and a track that the shoes slide on attached to the window. It is a crank style operator but I would like to buy a lever style operator. The hole in our current window sill cover is 4 7/16"x 3/4". The old arms were about 11 1/2". I am looking for a lever style operator that would fill the 4 7/16" hole and has similarly sized arms. Thanks!
awning window awning window
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 26, 2024 8:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We aren't able to help with new applications, unfortunately. All of the hardware we sell is meant to be used as replacements for very specific, previously existing parts. They're not meant for new applications like you describe. You're welcome to browse our selection of awning operators here but we can't exactly make a recommendation for you. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

We're happy to ID the original operator the window was designed to use if you'd like. We would just have to see photos of the old assembly to compare to our inventory. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts