Balance Assembly Replacement

Home Owner from Cincinnati, OH
Aug 19, 2024 7:23 am
Hi there,

My home was built in 2000, and I have single hung windows throughout the house. The coil balance assemblies are in varying states of failure, and I'm hoping to be able to replace them. I came across your website and am hoping you can help. I am not sure who the manufacturer is for the windows, but I've included a photo of one of the labels as well as a few pics of the assemblies themselves. I'd appreciate any help available identifying the manufacturer (if needed) and identifying/sourcing the replacement coils.

Thank you,
Ben
IMG_1005 IMG_1008 IMG_1007 IMG_1006
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 21, 2024 1:52 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We can't be sure with the hardware still installed but your photos resemble the 15-111 pivot shoe, which uses either the 1/2" Series 160 or 3/8" Series 165 coil springs. You'll need to remove the coils to choose the strength option that corresponds with your stamps. The compatible covers can also be found under the related item section of the coil product pages if needed. Thanks for posting! 

Home Owner from Cincinnati, OH
Aug 24, 2024 7:02 am
Hi Casey,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will pick a window to take the coils out and see how it is stamped. Will reply again when I do.

When I look on the pages you've linked above, I don't see the "related items" section. Trying to find the covers, but I haven't seen them so far. I would appreciate any help finding them. Most (maybe all - need to confirm) of the windows in my home have a dual coil.

So it sounds like I would then purchase the coils (4 per window), the pivot shoes (2 per window), and the covers (2 per window) to be able to replace my current broken ones. Making sure I have that correct.

Thank you for your help so far!

Ben
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 26, 2024 12:06 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

If there are two springs per side and the springs are 1/2" wide, see the 15-150D double support. If they're 3/8" wide, see the 15-204 support instead. 

And yes, that sounds correct! You only have to replace what's broken. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts