Coil balance parts

Quick Learner from NY
Jul 1, 2024 4:17 pm
My double hung windows (36 inchesX42 inches) spring balance broke. Window won't stay open.Can you tell by looking at enclosed photos parts I need to order to repair.
IMG_1200 IMG_1199 IMG_1196
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 3, 2024 11:44 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We can't be sure with the hardware still installed but your mounting bracket is similar to the 16-031. If so, you may need the 15-087 housing pivot, which uses the Series 180 coil springs. 

We can't make any guarantees but take a look and compare the specifications below to your parts uninstalled. You'll also need to locate the stamp codes on your coil springs to choose the corresponding strength options. Thank you!  

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

Dimesnions for 16-031
Dimesnions for 16-031

Quick Learner from NY
Jul 3, 2024 10:05 pm
I ordered the parts you recommended. Thanks for responding.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 5, 2024 8:50 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great, we appreciate your business and please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts