Custom S795 Balance inquiry

Quick Learner
Aug 14, 2024 11:55 am
Below are pictures and descriptions of my window balances. The plastic parts / pulleys have become brittle and are breaking. I hope with this information you can help me with replacements. I have 6 windows, (12 balances), that I want to go ahead and replace at this time that are all the same as described with pictures below. 34B is stamped on the metal channel piece. This metal piece measures 33 15/16 inches long. It is a metal channel 9/16 inches square. I don't know the length of the pivot pin, but would like to order a couple as parts as well. This is a picture of the piece that is attached to the top of the cord and hooks into the slot in the top of the window frame. If I need to measure length of those let me know.
IMG_3452 IMG_3450 IMG_3447
3 user uploaded images
6 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 16, 2024 12:12 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Your photos resemble the S795-34 (34B) channel balance except that yours uses the 15-198 pulley clip, which we can supply but it will need to be a custom order. Keep in mind that the balances will come with 34" long metal channels, not including the T-lock shoe. The balances will also come with the 1-1/4" wide 15-195 T-lock shoe attached but the 1" wide 15-194 can be added to your order directly from our website. See the video below showing how to swap the T-lock shoes.

As for the pivot bar, we would need to see photos of an intact part removed from your window to compare to our inventory. Thank you! 

Quick Learner from Indian Land, SC
Aug 17, 2024 7:49 am
It sounds like the 34 inch long S795-34 (34B) channel balance with the 15-198 balance clip attachment is what I need. Will that clip already be attached to the new balance? Or, will it come with something else already on there that I have to remove and then add the clip? I am concerned about untying the cord to remove the something else and then successfully retying the clip onto that cord.

I understand that I will have to order and pay for the 1 inch 15-194 balance shoe as an add on additional item since the balance comes with the 1 1/4 inch already attached. I should be able to change those out without issue (I hope).

If you can confirm clip will be already attached then please put together an order for me of 2 balancers with shoes. Since no returns, I don't want to order all at once and discover a problem. If the first pair works, I can then order more. I also don't need the pivot pin right this moment so will wait on that. I can measure the pivot pin on the window when I remove it to replace the balances.

Thank you for your help on this and look forward to receiving the quotation so that I can move forward with purchase.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 19, 2024 9:02 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

You are correct that the 15-198 clip will be attached to the pulley cord of the new balances, which is why it will be a custom order. The T-lock shoes will be the only parts you'll need to swap out. We just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

Quick Learner from Indian Land, SC
Aug 19, 2024 9:40 am
Casey, Can you add the t-lock balance shoes to this order so that I don't have to place a second order? That way all shipped together.

Thank you.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 19, 2024 9:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

We are not able to add stock items to a custom order link but you can add the 15-194 T-lock shoes to your cart with the order link so that they will ship together.

Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Sep 4, 2024 10:53 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello! Tim from our customer service team relayed to us that you wanted (10) more S795-34 balances with the 34B stamp and (6) S795-34 balances with the 34A stamp, both with the 15-198 hook attached. I'll go ahead and email you a purchase link for that right now.

Please note that the 15-194 shoe can't be included with this link so don't forget to add your desired quantity to your cart. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts