Fold-away crank brown

Home Owner from Avon, CO
Jun 21, 2024 10:10 pm
Hi, I am looking for a brown fold-away window crank for pella right casement window. Do you have such? Can i order from you?
folding handle and cover folding handle and cover
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 25, 2024 1:05 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

The 39-490 and 39-491 come to mind. However, you will also need a new operator since the worm gear came out with the handle. Can you open the window and show us a full view of the arms that move the window sash? 

Home Owner from Avon, CO
Jun 26, 2024 12:23 pm
Can I buy the 39-490 and the new operator? The window can open but not close and yes the worm is out. Can I install it by myself or technician is needed.
old style pella operator old style pella operator
2 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 27, 2024 9:12 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you! The 39-391 and 39-392 are similar. I would recommend that you look over the specifications to see if they match what you need. 

Dimensions for 39-391
Dimensions for 39-391

Dimensions for 39-392
Dimensions for 39-392

You should be able to replace the operator yourself. The process is pretty straightforward. Once the screen is removed, crank the window all the way open. Then, you'll unscrew the stud bracket to the sash. To remove the operator itself, the wood trim on the sill may need to be removed. The video below will go over this process. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts