Four Seasons window crank

Quick Learner
Jun 29, 2023 8:10 am
Hello -- I've circled the failed part in red (a tiny metal pin slots into that hole)
Four Seasons window crank
1 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 29, 2023 2:08 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! I'm afraid the damage I see here isn't possible to repair. That worm gear only comes out when the operator is stripped out, usually due to over-torquing in one way or another. The only solution is to replace the entire operator.

We may be able to help, but this looks like an older style garden window. There is a chance we don't sell this. To confirm, would it be possible to see a clear picture of the complete operator, arms and all? Seeing it removed from the window would be ideal.

Quick Learner
Jun 30, 2023 8:00 am
Here is another picture of the operator we are looking to replace, including the arms. It was a fairly recent installation from 2017, if that helps at all.

Thanks very much,
Charles Four Seasons
1 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 30, 2023 12:45 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you! I recognize this operator. I don't believe it's made anymore, unfortunately. We sell a smaller version under the 39-465. This is similar in function and is made to work in the same kind of window, but you'll note right away that the base is much less deep than your original. I have been told by some customers in the past that they were still able to adapt it for use in this window, but you may need to find a way to close the gap that would be left over from the smaller size.

Dimensions for 39-465
Dimensions for 39-465

Quick Learner
Jun 30, 2023 1:12 pm
Thanks very much, but unfortunately there is a discrepancy in the width between the mounting screws as well as the depth of the base that you mention. It may be workable with some machining but we'll try to keep looking for the right part. Thanks again!
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 30, 2023 1:26 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I totally understand. I'm sorry again that we couldn't get you a closer match!

Best of luck with this project and please feel free to reach out if we can be of any further assistance. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts