Larson storm door Quick Fit - low profile - handle replacement

Quick Learner from Stratford, NJ
Oct 11, 2020 1:08 pm
hello all... I've been on the (unsuccessful) hunt for something, ANYTHING - that would be able to replace the interior lever handle on a newly installed Larson storm door with 'Quick Fit' hardware.

The issue at hand (no pun intended) is that my current biometric deadbolt lock has an exterior thumb turn (for lack of a better parts vocabulary) which protrudes too far out causing the new interior storm door lever to hit. As I'm sure you are all aware, the Larson Quick Fit handle & lock sets are pre-installed and built with a 5 sided, pentagonal spindle... & in this household aka: the bain of my existence.

It's been pretty much impossible to find some sort of low profile interior replacement handle, lever, knob... or any kind of adapter, etc. I've even gonna as far as trying some sort of offset penta socket wrench to try & make it work...

My last valiant effort is to ask you fellow South Jerseyians (im currently in Stratford, but did live in Pennsauken for a hot min about 20 years ago ?) for some advice, part number, replacement part number, a direction to go, if I should even look any further, or GIVE UP & replace the deadbolt...?!?

Any help would be much appreciated.
IMG_20201011_122809803_HDR PhotoGrid_1602433423646 PhotoGrid_1602434630148 PhotoGrid_1602433230782
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Oct 14, 2020 1:49 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there. The interior storm door handle you now have looks small to begin with, and to be honest I don't think you will be able to find one any smaller. I did encounter this same problem on a job a few years back, where the homeowner did not have enough space between her storm door and the inside door to hang a Christmas Wreath. We ended up packing out the storm door with some wood trim to allow more space between the doors. I honestly am not sure if there's anything else you could do. Hope this helps, and thanks for reaching out.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts