Larson storm door retainer strip

Quick Learner from Atlanta, GA
Aug 23, 2024 7:18 pm
I no longer have the parts, but I need replacement retainer strips for a 1-1/4" Larson storm door.
The part number is 120232803D (white, preferred) or 120232805D (black). The manufacturer said these parts are discontinued, and they no longer have them in stock.
1 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 26, 2024 3:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm sorry to say that we don't sell retainer strips of any type. Manufacturers tend to make a million different versions of these, then change the design very frequently. You've already seen that this leads to them discontinuing a strip almost as soon as they release it, which makes it hard for companies like us to keep up.

One alternative you could try is using our 70-180 clip and 70-112 thumb screw. Spacing these evenly around the panel will keep it in place, and this is even how storm door makers used to do it back in the day. It's a method that still works even with modern doors, though it's more work seeing as how you have to drill new holes.

Either way, I think that's your best bet.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts