Looking for NAMI (?) Replacement Casing Mechanism

Home Owner from Worcester, MA
Aug 15, 2024 6:23 pm
Hi! I need to replace this mechanism (see photos). Inside there are numbers 30614 & 30893. There are no words or numbers on the arms.

Another part of the window has NAMI printed on a sticker.

Can I replace this part? Do you recognize it?

Quick Learner
Home Owner
IMG_8469 IMG_8464
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 16, 2024 4:33 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! Your operator appears to be the 39-090 Window Dyad Crank. The opposite version is the 39-089.

To confirm this you'll need carefully compare the diagram below to your existing hardware. You'll want to be especially sure to compare the shape of the arm connected to the base of the operator.

I've also tagged the other compatible hardware below.

Dimensions for 39-090
Dimensions for 39-090

Quick Learner from Worcester
Aug 17, 2024 6:55 pm
Thank you--the measurement of the screw holes on base on mine is 5", like what's shown in the top of the photo you sent. But the measurement of the length of the arm on mine is 4.5", not 5" as shown in the bottom of your photo.

Does that matter much? If it simply means the window won't open quite as wide, I'm fine with that.
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 19, 2024 9:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

You may be able to adjust the bracket on the sash to accommodate for the difference in the measurement. This method would require drilling a new hole in the bottom of the sash. Keep in mind, there is a risk of drilling into the glass panes, so you would need to use caution when drilling.

Another option would be to swap out the link arms on the operator. This would require drilling out the rivet on both the old and new operators and then swapping the arms. The old arm can be attached to the new operator using the 62-014B Rivet.

As you've mentioned, if you leave it as is, the window will not open as far.

I hope this helps!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts