Loose Sliding Glass door Handle

Home Owner from New York City
Jun 24, 2024 12:25 pm
Hi I have a loose Sliding glass door handle. Tightening the screws only works on the bottom screw. Top screw does not tighten. I think it is an Anderson model but not sure as it was installed by my contractor in 2008. The overall length of the rectangular mount is 8 and 3/8th The holes are 4 inches apart. Not sure what you call the nuts for the screws but that is likely why it won't tighten. Handle inside sill might wobble anyway.
DE Sliding Glass Door Handle A IMG_1715 DE Sliding Glass Door Handle B IMG_1716 DE Sliding Glass Door Handle IMG_1180
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Jun 26, 2024 10:05 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, thank you for posting,

Please review the style of the 82-089 handle set that has a 3-15/16" installation hole spacing from center to center.  Compare to your original to confirm a good fit! Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Dimensions for 82-089
Dimensions for 82-089

Home Owner from New York City
Jun 26, 2024 10:28 am
Yes I think the Legacy set would fit to replace the one I have. I guess I have to buy the whole Set to get the parts I would need to tighten the old unit anyway. Do you know if I need a new lock as well or are they all compatible with the Handle Set?
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Jun 26, 2024 2:33 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Unfortunately the fasteners of this handle set are not sold separately.

Your original lock should be compatible, but if you have pictures of your original, we can further confirm for you! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts