Patio screen door latch set

Home Owner from nyc
May 18, 2012 12:59 pm
I have custom made sliding screen doors for a set of non sliding french patio doors to my deck. They came without any latch only pulls. Thay are installed as french sliders but I am willing to use the right hand one as a fixed door to allow me to get a working latch for the left side door. I would install a small bolt into the floor or ceiling to secure the fixed right door. The doors have a cut out area that could house a latch set adjacent to the pulls. What latch can I use? And what can I use on the fixed door in the cut out to hold it secure?
A user submitted image of door latch
5 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 18, 2012 1:13 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting! I'm actually having a little trouble identifying your handle from the photos. Is there any way you can take a clearer picture? You may find it easier if you remove it from the door. In the meantime please take a look through our replacement patio sliding screen door handles.
Quick Learner from NYC
May 20, 2012 1:26 pm
Here are some hopefully better pics.

The sliding french screens and non-french glass doors were manufactured by Gamco Corp. 131-10 Maple Ave. Flushing NY. They told me they did not supply latches with their screen doors because they mostly sell to commercial customers (?) Why commercial customers wouldn't want latches on their screens I don't know.

The square thing on the inner face of the pull does move up and down so it seems like there could be a latch hook thing inserted on one side and a strike/keeper thing on the opposite side.

Both sides of the french sliding screens have identical hardware,
A customer submitted photo of a screen door pull.
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 22, 2012 8:23 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you for the new pictures! Have you seen our 84-223 latch and pull? Please compare its dimensions to your own hardware. Could this possibly work for you?
Quick Learner from NYC
May 22, 2012 4:17 pm
I need something that latches so that you are able to both release and latch it from both the inside and the outside like a regular door handle. Will the 84-223 do this ?
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 24, 2012 12:30 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Ah, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, we do not have any patio door handles that operate as you describe. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts