Pella sliding glass door

Quick Learner from Ohio
Aug 24, 2024 8:26 pm
I am looking for a new seal for this door. It's a pella. Not sure if the markings on the glass would help.
pella seal pella seal
2 user uploaded images
9 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 28, 2024 10:18 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid we can't ID what you may have here from these photos. Can you remove an undamaged sample of the seal? We'd like to see a clear photo of the end profile. 

Quick Learner from Ohio
Aug 28, 2024 11:14 am
I don't want to remove any of the seal since it is still working...just not as good as what I want. Some cold air enters in winter.
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 28, 2024 12:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

That's understandable. However, that is the only way for us to confirm if we have a comparable match. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Quick Learner from Ohio
Aug 28, 2024 1:48 pm
There are markings on the glass. The repair person said that this should help. See new pics.
IMG_7659 IMG_7660 IMG_7658
3 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 28, 2024 2:11 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Unfortunately, the information etched on the glass is only relevant to the glass itself. It doesn't tell us the seal your door uses. Seeing the undamaged end profile of the seal is the only way we can help. 

Quick Learner from Ohio
Aug 28, 2024 3:07 pm
Please send an example so I know what angle and perspective I need to take my picture. Thanks!
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 28, 2024 3:28 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Certainly. I recommend you have a look at this section here. This should give you a better idea of the angle we're looking for. 

Quick Learner from Ohio
Aug 30, 2024 7:22 am
Ok. Well I didn't pull it off yet because it's attached but maybe you will be able to tell with these pics.
IMG_7674 IMG_7673
2 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 30, 2024 8:36 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm afraid we can only offer an educated guess which is the 58-181. You would ultimately have to remove a sample and compare the specifications to see if they match up. 

Profile view of 58-181
Profile view of 58-181

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts