Prism window parts

Home Owner from Huntington WV
Mar 18, 2021 11:37 am
Need some help. Need the parts for this tilting window. Window is marked Prism and was installed in 2008. Sorry but the other side of the plastic is gone.
2912 prism window 1 2912 prism window 2 2912 prism window 3
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Mar 18, 2021 3:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

That's okay, I think I know just what you need. See our 15-192 pivot shoe. Does this seem familiar to you at all? Look it over and let me know what you think.

Quick Learner from Virginia Beach,VA
Jul 26, 2022 4:36 pm
A home owner in WV submitted some photographs on March 18 2021 which are identical to the parts that have broken on our windows also. You suggested replacing these broken parts with part 15-192 and the size is the same as the broken part. My question is: If I replace with the 15-192 do I need to change any other part? Will the original coils attach to the new part and will the window fit without any part replacement? Thank you in anticpation.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 1, 2022 9:33 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

In my experience the 15-192 shoe should work perfectly fine with most of your existing hardware. That includes the springs and spring covers.

There are two issues you may run into, though, which I've become well acquainted with over the past year or so. The first is that the front face of the 15-192 has little bumps that sometimes make its operation a little tight in the window track. This doesn't happen in all windows, but often enough to note. You may need to cut or shave those bumps off if you want a smooth operation.

The second issue is the pivot bar. Now, the 15-192 is a genuine Certainteed brand part, so if your currently balance system is also from Certainteed then you have nothing to worry about.

However it's possible your balance was made by Simonton, instead. The Simonton balance was just about identical to the Certainteed except that it uses a different, incompatible pivot bar. If that's the case you're in then you will also need to re-use the center metal cam from your old pivot shoe. These just pop in and out so it's not hard to swap out.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts