Replace Bi-folding original doors

Quick Learner from Sandy Springs, Georgia
Jun 10, 2023 7:06 pm
Hi, we purchased a 1967 mid-century home 10 years ago.
In several of the rooms, the door systems need hardware and tracking system replacement.

I've taken photos of one bedroom/office that is in the worst shape.

Looking forward to receiving advice and guidance.
Thank you,
Patt
IMG_0753 IMG_0755 IMG_0754 IMG_0757 IMG_0758
5 user uploaded images
6 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Jun 11, 2023 10:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting, Patt. I believe we can help with this bifold closet system, but I want a little more information to narrow things down. First, as your pictures show, there's pins that connect the doors to the tracks. Can you tell us the diameter of those pins? Also, some of those pins might have little nylon caps attached to them. If so, can you tell us the diameter of those caps as well? Finally, is there any sticker or label on the doors that indicate the manufacturer? That would be a great help as well. From there we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. You can also read more about bifold door repairs here

Jun 11, 2023 11:59 am
Hi Bob and thank you for your reply.
I will get the dimensions and take a photo of the label to send it to you today.
Thanks
Patt
Jul 3, 2024 12:24 pm
Hi Bob, I have the additional photo images of the information that you requested.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.
Thanks
Patt
IMG_0037 IMG_0032 IMG_0029 IMG_0030 IMG_0026
5 user uploaded images
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jul 8, 2024 11:04 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there, maybe I can help. We still have some of your bi-fold door parts you show here, though not everything. See our 21-109 nylon cap, 21-054 complete spring loaded guide pin, and the 21-048 bottom adjusting pin. 

The bad news is that we no longer sell the tracks. If you do need those, you will essentially need to change everything in the door to be compatible with a new track style. 

Please get back to me if that's something you want to pursue. I will need to know the length of the track in that case.

Jul 21, 2024 10:14 am
Hi Paul, I'm sorry to hear that they don't make the tracks. So, if I were to replace the tracks and keep the doors, what do you suggest and what would be the cost?
Thanks!
Patt
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jul 22, 2024 8:23 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Sure, I'd be happy to make a list of parts for you to review. I just need to know the length of the track you need so that I can recommend the right parts.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts