Replace Norco 30+ years old casement parts.

Quick Learner from Alameda, CA
Aug 7, 2024 2:02 am
My sister has two opposing wood casement windows that she is replacing. She found a guy who builds replacement wood windows but wants us to locate replacement hardware and we're glad to find you. Hope the pictures help. The operator arm in the first photo extends approx 13.5". the crank is in the second photo and the housing is 4" wide. The third photo is looking up at a support arm at the top of the window. So we need to find replacements for everything including a lock for a pair of windoews that open opposite each other. Can you tell what we need? Thanks!
IMG_4620 IMG_4632 IMG_4618
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 8, 2024 12:13 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello! Your exact operator style is no longer made, but we sell the modern 39-013 and 39-014 that should work just as well in this application. These are compatible with the 39-114L handle.

It also looks like you need a new hinge. Our 36-048 may work in this case, but only if the base track is the same size at 1", and only if you replace both at the same time.

Lastly, you mentioned a lock, but I don't see it in these photos. Would you have a reference I can review? Seeing it removed from the window would be ideal, to ensure that no important details are missing.

Otherwise, please review the parts I mentioned and let me know if you had any questions.

Quick Learner from Alameda, CA
Aug 8, 2024 12:32 pm
Hi Thanks for the reply,
FYI I also submitted an email with photos this morning in case someone else at your shop is also now looking at my case. The lock is the first picture attached and there are some better operator photos with measure tape in case they make any difference to your reply above. I will now go look at the parts you recommended.
Thank you!
IMG_4659 IMG_4660 IMG_4662 IMG_4664 IMG_4637
5 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 8, 2024 2:14 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks! I'm very familiar with this lock. Like your operator, the exact style is obsolete, but Truth made the 38-097 and 38-098 to replace it. Just note that the new style won't be compatible with the old keepers, so you will also need the 38-079.

The operators I mentioned before remain my top suggestions. Your next step is to review the hardware I've recommended to see how well they compare.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts