Replaceent Caldwell Window Balances

Handy Person from california
Aug 18, 2012 6:08 pm
Need to replace a - Caldwell 33 3 LP balance, do you have a replacement or part number?
Thanks
Hugh
A customer submitted image of channel balance attachments.
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?

Can you also confirm the length of your metal channel? Make sure not to include the nylon attachments in your measurements.
Handy Person from California
Aug 22, 2012 11:47 am
To reply to questions above: shoe 15-004 matches current shoes measurements, length of metal channel is 34.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you! In that case, I recommend that you look at our S385-34 channel balance. I also recommend the 3330 stamp option, based on your pictures. This can carry a window sash weight range of 18 through 23 pounds. Does your sash's weight fall within that range? Let me know!

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Handy Person from CAlifornia
Aug 22, 2012 5:14 pm
there are 2 balances per window. i dont know what my sash weight is..
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 23, 2012 7:56 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
The best way to determine your sash weight is to remove the sash from the window and place it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale would do. Like I said: based on your image, I believe that the 3330 option would be a good choice, but it's always better to double check these things.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts