Replacement operators for 2003 Marvin casement windows

Home Owner from New York
Jul 5, 2024 2:55 pm
I am a home owner who needs two sets of operators with the rotogear and hinge for our Marvin casement windows
20240705_144515 20240705_075803
2 user uploaded images
9 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jul 8, 2024 12:59 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! There is a chance we can provide you with a replacement recommendation for your Marvin window operator but I'll need to see a photo of the entire operator to confirm. 

I am specifically looking to see a photo of the arm(s) and how the operator connects to the bottom of the swinging window. Unfortunately, there are quite a few different operator that have a similar design for the base, so I'll need to see the additional details to narrow it down.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have in the meantime.

Home Owner from New York
Jul 8, 2024 1:20 pm
Thanks for the reply! Do these pictures help?
IMG_20240705_160128 IMG_20240705_160126
2 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jul 8, 2024 3:21 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for the photos. We do not have an exact replacement match for your casement operator but our 39-172 Truth Hardware Dyad Operator may work as a suitable alternative. We've recommended this as a replacement for many other customers.

Take a look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing operator to determine if this could work as a replacement. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Dimensions for 39-172
Dimensions for 39-172

Home Owner from New York
Jul 8, 2024 3:40 pm
Thank you again. I think our part is a little over 4 inches instead of 5 for the longer part of the arm? See photo.
IMG_20240708_153804
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jul 9, 2024 9:14 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

There is a good chance our 39-172 may work as is but we do have two solutions that will work to correct this issues.

1. This first option is to move the position of the bracket over a few inches on the bottom of the swinging sash. This should help to compensate for the 1/2" difference in the link arm.
  2. The second option is to swap out the link arms. To complete this process, you'll need to drill out the rivet on both the old operator and the new operator. Then you'll need to use the 62-014B Rivet to secure the old link arm to the new operator. For this option you would not need to move the bracket.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Home Owner from New York
Jul 10, 2024 11:27 am
Thanks Jasmine - I think we'll go with option 1. In the event the part does not work, can we exchange or return it? Also, are you able to tell/link us to all the components we need to get to replace the entire operator to make sure I get the correct things to fix the window?
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jul 10, 2024 12:41 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Yes, any unaltered and undamaged parts would be returnable. Our full return policy can be viewed here.

All of the compatible hardware is already tagged below.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with. 

Have a great day!

Home Owner from New York
Jul 10, 2024 1:38 pm
I'm seeing for each operator (I need to replace 2 operators), I need to get: a 39-171, a 39-546, a 39-114L, several 33-079 screws, and a 62-014B rivet. Are there other things I need, such as a 2-bar hinge set or detach clip?

Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jul 10, 2024 3:19 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

If you're going to use the first method, it will not be necessary to purchase the rivet. As mentioned, this would only be used if your are going to swap out the link arm. The operator comes with a compatible detach clip, it is shown attached at the end of the link arm in the photo.

In regard to the brackets, you'll need to examine your existing brackets and compare them to determine if the 39-546 is the correct one for the side of the window you are repairing.

You'll need to determine whether or not the hinges need to be replaced. They function separately from the window operator. You did not inquire about replacing the hinges, so I did not include them below but I am happy to take a look at your existing hinges if you would like to replace them.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts