Search for Product Assistance

Home Owner from Orlando, FL
Jul 9, 2024 3:11 pm
The sliding screen door latch and pull on my screen door has been damaged and fallen off so I can't secure the screen door from being opened. I see that you have many items on your website, but I am not seeing one with a hook to secure the sliding screen.

Can you tell me if you have such an item in your inventory. Attached are pictures of my existing item with a brief description of each picture I am providing for your reference.
IMG_3701 IMG_3702 IMG_3703 IMG_3704
4 user uploaded images
4 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 10, 2024 3:23 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we'll need you to write out the exact distance between the installation hole centers of the handles. That will help us narrow down your options and confirm if we can find a possible replacement. Thank you! 

Jul 11, 2024 6:16 pm
Hello Casey and thanks for your assistance. Attached are a couple of pictures of the screw holes for the part that is broken off. The distance seems to be just around 3 inches.

I assume that getting a replacement solution who's screw holes are larger (more than 3 inches apart) maybe an option which would cover up the existing screw holes. I would have to drill new holes and not use the existing screw holes.

I look forward to your feedback and let me know if you need more information.
Image 01 Image 02
2 user uploaded images
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Jul 15, 2024 9:30 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Unforutnately, we were not able to locate an exact replacement for your screen door handle set. We've relate two options on this page for you to look over but I'm not confident that they would work for your application since the latch is a different style. The hole spacing for both parts also measures exactly 3". I'm sorry that we won't be able to offer more assistance with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. 

Jul 15, 2024 11:47 am
Thank you for your time and research on this matter.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts