Searching for MW Replacement Door Handle

Quick Learner
May 21, 2020 8:42 am
Good Morning, I need to replace the MW sliding door handle and lock. I am hoping you can help me out.
Thank you,
John
MW Sliding Door 1 MW 2 MW 3 MW4
4 user uploaded images
6 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 25, 2020 9:36 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi John. Check out our 82-086, or if you prefer a handle set in a brass finish, our 82-087. Look over the dimensions to confirm either handle set could work for you.

Quick Learner
May 25, 2020 6:04 pm
The mortise lock looks identical. The door handle is 1 3/8" and the screw set is four inches. Will that model still fit?
Let me know what you think,
Thank you
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 26, 2020 10:15 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It is most likely that your screw hole spacing is 3-15/16", which is common on this kind of door. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole.

I'm not sure what you're measuring as 1-3/8". Can you specify what that measurement is?

Quick Learner
May 26, 2020 1:04 pm
In the pictures I sent, the top and bottom of the face plate, it widens out to 1 3/8". I assume your recommendation will fit.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 26, 2020 2:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Oh, I see. Our base plate isn't as wide as that, no. It won't affect the function of the door but there may be a visible outline of the old handle on the door frame itself. You won't know until you remove it.

Quick Learner
May 26, 2020 3:05 pm
Thank you, I tried to order it and it said it was out of stock. Any idea when it will be available?
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts