Side Load Single Hung Balance Spring

Handy Person from Northern California
Jun 12, 2012 12:07 am
I'm so glad I found your video as I have a number of windows that are becoming increasingly difficult to open and close. A few have had the springs break.

Now that I know how based on your site, I want to make sure I purchase the correct parts.

I've attached a PDF document that has pictures of both ends and the width. The length is 28" measuring the metal, not including the top and bottom plastic pieces.

Thanks in advance for your advise and I cannot wait to place an order from you. You have no idea how I have hated having to hang on my windows to close them! HAHA

Scott
A user submited photo of window channel balance
5 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jun 12, 2012 11:29 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting. Before I can suggest a balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jun 12, 2012 3:33 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
I agree with you, Scott; the S350-28 appears to be a close match to your own. Just confirm that the dimensions of your bottom shoe match as closely as possible to the 15-004. I would select the 2740 stamp option, based on your previous stamp.
Jun 12, 2012 3:39 pm
Paul, thanks for the response and I apologize, but i submitted twice on this issue. :)

the 15-004 more closely resembles the shoe on my current balance. The shoe on mine measures about 1 1/16 depth

Also the top looks to be the exact shape and dimensions of your part number 19-002

Would i be able to use your channel balance series 350?

Thanks
Scott
Jun 12, 2012 4:35 pm
Thanks again Paul. The dimensions are very close. I am going to order up 4 for the two windows that aren't working. Once I confirm they work well, I will replace more.

Your service is exemplary and better than some of the local stores i visited in person.

Will keep you posted!
Scott
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jun 13, 2012 8:13 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you, Scott! I'm glad we could help. We appreciate your compliment and hope to hear back from you soon!
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts