Simonton Window coil balance

Professional from Ashland MO
Aug 20, 2024 9:04 pm

I am working on a couple of Simonton windows with coil balances. one is a single coil stamped 5 and the other is a dual coil with the lower coil stamped 4 and the upper coil stamped 6.5. Which coil balances should I use?

Thanks, Robert

5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 21, 2024 11:34 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm happy to provide you with a replacement recommendation for the coil balance springs you need, but I'll need to see a photo of the existing shoe to determine the best options. 

Unfortunately, I am not able to identify what you need based on the brand alone. There are a few different coil balance assemblies associated with Simonton window balances.

Feel free to reach out with with any other hardware repair questions you might have in the meantime.

Aug 22, 2024 7:08 am
Here are the coil balances. I probably have to replace the shoes since the pivot bars are broken as well.
coil balance
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 22, 2024 9:38 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the photos. The pivot shoe you have can replaced with either the 15-111 Pivot Shoe or the 15-191 Heavy Duty Pivot Shoe. The measurements for both are of the same, the latter is just made of a different material.

These shoes use the 1/2" Thick Series 160 Coil Balance, so you'll need the S160-04, S160-05, and S160-06 springs. To replace the coil covers, you'll need the 15-150S Coil Single Support and the 15-150D Coil Double Support.

The pivot bar typically used with this assembly is the 26-241. Review it to see if this is what you need to complete your repairs.

Alternate image for 26-241
Alternate image for 26-241

Aug 22, 2024 6:42 pm

I appreciate the help Jasmine. Parts are ordered.

Thanks, Robert

Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 23, 2024 8:57 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Robert,

I'm glad to hear this is what you needed! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other hardware repairs projects you might come across.

Have a great weekend!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts