Sliding aluminum door track

Home Owner from Williamstown NJ
May 28, 2014 9:29 am
I am looking for replacement parts for an aluminum sliding door. The house was built about 15 yrs ago. The door is a three panel door with center slider. 9 foot wide by 8 high. the aluminum track at the bottom of the door is smashed down, It is a double track style, with each track about 1/8 wide with an overall width for both about 3/8. I could not find a model # on the door and could not find a part in this site to replace this track. Was wondering if there is any slide-on cap that would cover this with the addition of new wheels... Please let me know if there are these parts available.
4 Replies
Home Owner from Williamstown NJ
May 28, 2014 2:59 pm
I have a few pictures that show the smashed wheel guides. was wondering if the parts are available along with a set of wheels. Thank you
Charles Gazzara Reference number D40526
User submitted photos of a patio door track
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
May 30, 2014 2:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
You could look at our 80-102 track cover and 81-090 roller. I'm not so sure this is the roller you have, but carefully compare it to your own and see what you think.
Home Owner from Fullerton
Jul 16, 2023 7:34 pm
Patio sliding door is slow to open. Probably rollers need to be replaced. But, is there an issue with the track, it seems like is sways to one side. The metal looking piece seems to be removable and is in the shape of an A with the point being slightly ballooned. Do you carry this part?
IMG_1341 IMG_1340
2 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 17, 2023 1:47 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

It sounds like you might be describing a track cover. These are metal sleeves that go over the track to help protect it from general wear and tear over the years. In fact, there was one older model that had an "A" shape, though it's not made anymore.

Yours might have just come a little loose. When you remove your doors for the repair, I suggest giving it a careful once over to see if you can tighten it up at all. Hopefully it's just little too far spread apart, which is simple enough to fix and could save you some trouble later down the line.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts