Strike Post replacement on Shower Door

Handy Person from Florida
Oct 16, 2024 10:59 am
I was hoping you could help me in finding out what I need to get or replace with my shower door and the part the holds the magnetic stripe to keep the door closed. I don't know what it is called as I have watched videos and read a bunch but hear different descriptions-strike post, door jamb, U-Channel etc.
I've attached pictures and video but cannot figure out what the attached metal part/piece is.

You will notice at the bottom of the part/piece, it is worn out/corroded and loose.

Any help is appreciated!
IMG_8688 IMG_8691 IMG_8690 IMG_8689
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 18, 2024 2:31 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

the only magnetic part that we offer for shower doors would be the 10-080. Review the dimensions below to see if this matches the piece from your door.

Dimensions for 10-080
Dimensions for 10-080

Profile view of 10-080 seal
Profile view of 10-080 seal

Unforutnately, we do not carry any kind of door framing that the magnet would attach to, which would be specific to the manufacturer. I'm sorry we won't be able to offer more assistance with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts