Teed spring for Simonton windows

Quick Learner from Kansas City
Jun 14, 2024 5:42 pm
Single hung Simonton windows in my house are from 2004. Some of the windows are very hard to close. Some of the latches on top of the windows have also broken. Which teed spring do I need for replacement. I have attached a picture of the label of the window, teed spring and latch.
coil housing tilt latch IMG_4952
3 user uploaded images
4 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 18, 2024 8:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're happy to help with this. However, we'll need more information to determine what you may have here. Can you show us a photo of the pivot shoe? That will allow us to determine the compatible coil balances.

As for the tilt latch, see if the specifications of the 26-243 and 26-244 match what you're searching for. 

Jun 18, 2024 6:50 pm

Below are some pictures the resting pieces. I have 2 different size windows, the windows on the upper floor are shorter but, the teed sprint coil housing is longer, it is about 4.5inches long.

pivot shoe pivot shoe pivot shoe coil housing coil housing
5 user uploaded images
Jun 18, 2024 7:06 pm
Window resting piece.
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 20, 2024 8:13 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you! This appears to be the 15-199 pivot shoe that's used with the 1/2" Series 160 and 3/8" Series 165. You'll have to measure the width of your old spring band to confirm. To determine the proper spring weights, you must weigh the window sash on a scale and divide the sash weight by the total number of springs in the window. 

I'll be here if you have any questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts