Tilt out latch and plastic piece

Handy Person from 65711
Oct 15, 2024 2:06 pm
I believe the first one is a tilt-out latch and the second one is labels Sash, I could not tell you. However former owners have broke many of the sashes and I am not sure how to get this fixed.
The Tilt-out latches seem to also be broken. Can you tell me what I need to order?
sash tilt out
2 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Oct 18, 2024 10:05 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. Starting with the tilt latch, take a look at the 26-243 and 26-244 to see if the specifications match up with your old hardware. I can't be certain this is what you'll need so you will have to remove an undamaged latch to confirm. 

The plastic piece is glazing. Can you remove an undamaged sample and show us a clear photo of the end profile? 

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate view of 26-244

Profile view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244

Handy Person from 65711
Oct 23, 2024 4:28 pm
I am ordering the tilt latches. I am not sure about removing glazing, I am attempting to make these windows last a bit longer, I know they all probably need new glazing. Do you also have any products that would help winterize the windows?
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Yesterday 8:56 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

If you're looking to replace the weatherstripping, you can find our selection here. You're also welcome to upload a photo of the end profile of the weatherstrip for us to review. 

Handy Person from 65711
Yesterday 3:58 pm
Thank you. It appears that it is straight across.
window
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Today 7:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It looks like you may have pile weatherstripping. We would need you to remove an undamaged sample and show us a clear photo of the end profile, along with the written-out pile height and base width, to narrow down some options. 

Handy Person from 65711
Today 9:47 am
Good Morning Emily. I am unsure of the ask. While I can certainly cut a piece off, The ends are a straight cut that butt up against the frame (horizantally), vertically they butt up against the horizontal piece. It is possible that the previous owner rigged it. As far as pile height and base width, that is a foreign language to me. lol Another question, is it only the top window that has the glazing is that normal?
Thank you,
Lori
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Today 1:17 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

The pile is the "fuzzy" type of weatherstripping. I circled that below. Using the 58-001 as an example, the base width is 3/16" and the pile height is 5/32". See the photo below as a reference. 

As for your question, the top and bottom window sashes use glazing to hold in the glass. 

pile
Dimensions for 58-001 white wool pile
Dimensions for 58-001 white wool pile
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts