Tilt window balances

Professional from 01730
Oct 15, 2024 3:35 pm
Hello, I purchased custom made wood double hung windows from JB Door in Chelsea MA over 10-15 years as we renovated old Victorian. I believe all the hardware is alike .

We have some balances that have sprung and need to be replaced. Sometimes getting the sash in or out of the show caused the jamb to get rounded over and then they either don't slide or the sash moves without it.
IMG_4943 IMG_4944 IMG_4946 IMG_4945
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Oct 18, 2024 12:33 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I am certain we can provide you with the replacement balances you need but I'll need to see the nylon shoe attached to the bottom to ensure we are providing you with the right replacement.

In the meantime, the clip attached at the top of the balance appears to be either the 19-029 Short or 19-030 Long S-Clip. It also looks like you have the 55-110 1-3/16" Sash Stop. 

The metal cam installed to the bottom of the window sash can be replaced with the 26-150 Cam Pivot Pair. Double check the dimensions to confirm.

Dimensions for 55-110
Dimensions for 55-110

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts