Top Sash guide identifier and channel balance for non-tilt window

Home Owner from Surrey, B.C. Canada
Jul 28, 2024 1:13 pm

Could you please help me identify the top sash guide, the channel balance ( which I believe is 21 inch in length) needed to replace the window parts?

Also, could you please provide me with the cost of each item and the shipping cost? The items to be shipped are to Surrey, B.C. Canada.

Thanks,

Nelly.

top Sash guide ( 2 ) top Sash guide ( broken on left ) top sash guide ( not broken ) channel 21 inch channel for window ( Pic 1 )
5 user uploaded images
4 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Jul 28, 2024 1:48 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey Nelly. For the channel balance, can you send clearer photos of the attachments on both ends of the metal channel? I'm sure we can help, but that will help us narrow down your choices. For the Top Sash Guide, see if the 18-008 matches what you have. 

Jul 28, 2024 3:32 pm
Hello Bob,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my inquiry. As for the top sash guide; will it be ok if it has 3 holes? the one we currently have has 2 holes.

I will try to send you some clearer pictures as per your request of the channel balance.

Nelly
Channel balance pic 1 Channel balance pic 3 Channel Balance pic 2
3 user uploaded images
Jul 28, 2024 6:57 pm
HI Bob,

For the 21 inch channel balance, is the one with product code: S385-21, the correct one for the one I need? I will send you the pictures again.

Nelly.
Channel balance pic 1 Channel balance pic 3 Channel Balance pic 2
3 user uploaded images
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Jul 28, 2024 9:36 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey Nelly. So long as the existing holes (and other dimensions) on the 18-008 match what you have, it will work just fine. See the dimensions below just as reference.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Alternate view of 18-008
Alternate view of 18-008

As far as the balance, it looks like you have either the S380-21 or S385-21. The only difference between these two balances is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe, or the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. Compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. For a stamp option choose 2040.

All items can be ordered directly through the online store. We ship worldwide and have a variety of different shipping options for you to choose during checkout. Let me know if you have further questions! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts