Truth Casement Window Operator--need replacment

Home Owner from Auburn, WA
Jul 19, 2024 4:54 pm
Truth with 32062 stamped on the top of one arm, and 41011 on the bottom of another. I may also need to know how to remove it--with all 8 screws removed, the plate and gears still don't want to slide out...there's something I don't know and haven't done to slide it out thru the hole in the window frame.
IMG_7056 IMG_7057 IMG_7059 IMG_7060
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 22, 2024 2:01 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello! Your operator appears to be a match for our 39-253LB. Look it over and see what you think. Note that we also sell the 39-253RB for the opposite handed side.

As for removal, after you take out the screws it should just slide out. The only thing I can suggest beyond that is to ensure that both arms are disconnected from the sash, but that should be all you have to do.

Home Owner from Auburn, WA
Jul 23, 2024 12:43 am
How do you remove the cover from a 39-253LB?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 23, 2024 8:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

That depends on the age of the window. Some years ago, these were made so that the original white cover was permanently affixed to the operator and was not meant to come off in any way. It was only recently that Truth changed the design so that the cover was something that could be removed.

On the newer operators, the cover just snaps on, so it should be removable by hand. If you find that to be difficult then odds are yours is the older type whose cover can't be removed.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts