Mortise lock

Home Owner from Taylor, MI
Jul 29, 2024 12:33 pm
This part is from my doorwall. It is my doorwall lock. The lock and all are included and i cannot find the part anywhere and nothing else works because this is oval and fits in an oval hole. 4 1/2 inches top to bottom, 11/16 wide and actual lock part 1/2 inch . Are you able to help me find this
IMG_4144 IMG_4145 IMG_4146
3 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 30, 2024 11:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Your mortise lock resembles the 82-244 at first glance. Review the dimensions below to see how they compare to your assembly. Note that this part uses a 45-degree keyway for the handle latch. Thanks for posting! 

Dimensions for 82-244
Dimensions for 82-244

Jul 30, 2024 4:58 pm
Do you sell this with a door handle as well? or does it only come seperate.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 31, 2024 8:15 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

The mortise lock and handle set are separate pieces of hardware. If you need new handles as well, feel free to get back to us with photos of your original assembly. We'll also need you to write out the exact distance between the center of the installation holes to narrow down your options. 

Aug 13, 2024 9:54 am
This is my old handle front and back. Looks like the center is 2 inches
IMG_4175
1 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 13, 2024 10:32 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for getting back to us. Your handle set is a similar style to the 82-032 shown below. Note that the hole spacing measures 3-15/16". I'd recommend double-checking your measurement to confirm if this could work for your repair. 

Detail of outside handle 82-032
Detail of outside handle 82-032

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts