Upper sash balance

Contractor from Pittsburg ca.
Jul 22, 2024 3:26 pm
This is from a MI window serial number 16317516.1. The upper sash won't stay open on two windows so would need four parts also the grey tab broke off the window and not sure iff there is a part for that and I'm not sure if any of your parts are compatible hopefully I would be able to use something. Thanks.
IMG_7008 IMG_7007 IMG_6975 IMG_6973 IMG_6972
5 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 24, 2024 11:26 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Your pivot shoe looks like a match to the 15-180 balance shoe, which is used with the Series 190 coil springs. We do not carry an exact match for your pivot bar but we suspect that you should be able to use the 26-040 U-shaped pivot bar commonly used with the 15-180. Though it is a different style, it should work as long as the backset of at least one installation hole matches yours. Review the specifications of these parts and the related items shown on our product pages. Thanks for posting!  

Alternate image for 15-180
Alternate image for 15-180

Alternate image for 26-040
Alternate image for 26-040

Contractor from Pittsburg ca.
Aug 2, 2024 4:03 pm
Hi Casey. I can't thank you enough to match the parts I needed. You were the only one I could find that would help me out . It was a little tricky but it worked out great. The pivot bar I installed with the long end out and measured the length I needed and cut it off with a hack saw. Now I know these parts work will be ordering more for the other window. Thanks again for your help and saved me from having to change out the windows.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 5, 2024 9:17 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy to hear that you were able to adapt our parts to work for your repair. We appreciate your business and we'll be here if you need anything else down the line. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts