Vinyl Glazing Bead

Home Owner from Fort Worth
Mar 19, 2012 3:14 pm
I have some window bead that needs to be replaced, it's 20+ years old. I took a sample to some local window shops, to no avail.

I have included a picture. It measures .375 X .535. Is it still available? If not, what would be a good substitute?

Thanks,
Steve
A customer submitted photo of vinyl glazing beads.
4 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Mar 20, 2012 12:52 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you for posting, Steve. Hopefully we can provide what your local window shops could not! Please take a look at our 55-062 Keller Snap-in, which appears to be similar to your own weatherstripping. Would this work for you? Please let me know what you think.
Quick Learner from Chicago, IL
Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm
I have the same problem with very old and cracking beads. The bead that I have to replace looks exactly the same as the 55-062 but my window size is 45x25 and the 3" is not long enough to cover the whole lenght of the window. The shipping cost for the 6" is little too much for me so my question is: can I use two shorter beads to make the 45 inch bottom/top of the window or it has to be one 45 inch piece? Thanks for your honest opinion. Daniel
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting, Daniel. Yes, that's entirely possible. You would butt the two shorter strips together and caulk the seam.
Quick Learner from Chicago, IL
Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm
Thanks Paul. I think I made up my mind and get the 4 3" beads to cover my project. Thanks again.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts