5 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 26, 2024 2:13 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We can help supply this balance but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. The pulley wheel is built into the bottom fitting itself and this balance features an extended cord travel as well as a metal channel length ending in 5/8" and 7/8, respectively, which is what makes it custom. For example, the metal channel stamped 27 6 should measure 27-5/8" long and the balance with the 19 3 stamp should measure 19-7/8" long. Custom orders are nonrefundable so we recommend checking to be sure. 

For the 19 3 stamped balance, can you show us a clear and up close photo of the metal clip attached at the end of the pulley cord? Can you also confirm the quantity you'd like for each stamp?

Quick Learner from Vancouver, WA
Jul 29, 2024 11:08 pm
Thank you, Emily! ...

27 6 = 4 Balancers (two windows)

19 3 = 2 Balancers (one window)

New Window discovery (photos attached with details) -- Balancer is about 25 1/4" long

23 5 = 2 Balancers (one window)

We are getting ready to put our home on the market so making some repairs. Thank you for your help.

Kelly ...

19.3 Hook Detail 23.5 End 23.5 Hook 23.5 Markings
4 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 31, 2024 8:01 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks so much, Kelly! Please allow me to confirm the availability of these balances.

In the meantime, we can help with the 23 5 stamped balances as well but the metal channel length should be 24". Can you confirm that for us? Can we also see a photo of the inside of the metal channel where the innerspring connects to the pulley mechanism? That'd be located in the middle of the channel.

Jul 31, 2024 10:41 pm
Hello Emily!

Yes, metal channel length is exactly 24" as you suspected. I attached several photos (a couple look a touch blurry). If this does not provide the detail you need please let me know. It appears the string is some caught in the pulley system so the spring appears to be fully extended ...and hence oriented toward the end of the travel and not at the center of the channel.

Thank you for your help!
Kelly ...
spring connection winged top fitting spring connection spring connection spring connection
5 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 1, 2024 10:25 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great! This is perfect. Based on what I see here, you can use the S380-24 or S385-24 channel balance depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. You'll have to measure as shown below to determine the best match. You can also select the 2350 stamp option for your replacements. 

As for the extended travel balances, I'm going to email you a purchase link for (2) balances with the 1930 stamp and (4) with the 27-6 stamp that you can use to place an order on our website. Please note that there is a 5-6 week lead and there is a slight chance it could take longer.

The Series 380 and Series 385 balances are stock items so you can add your desired quantity to your cart separately. Note that if you order this with the extended travels under the same order, you'll have to wait 5-6 weeks approximately as well.

If you don't want to wait that long for the stock S380 and S385 balances, you can place a separate order for them on our website. I hope this makes sense.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Aug 3, 2024 12:38 am
Hello Emily!

Thank you very much for your help! ...got both sets ordered (standard and custom). Really appreciate your patient help.

Kind regards,
Kelly ...
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 5, 2024 8:27 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

No problem! Glad that we could assist with your repair. Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts