Window Face Keeper

Home Owner from California
Aug 13, 2024 6:30 pm
I believe the link below is the latch piece I need. I attached two photo's from two windows, one is broken and one is fine.

https://www.swisco.com/Keeper-Face-Mount/pd/Hung_Sliding-Replacement-Sweep-Locks_Keepers/90-263

Another question - if the windows won't hold open all the way (some slide down and stop half open/half way closed) then what parts would be need to buy? Some have very loud springs or something and are very noisy when opening up.

Thank you,

-Ryan
face mount keeper face mount keeper
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 16, 2024 8:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there Ryan.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid we can't confirm if the 90-263 is what you have. You would have to remove it and compare the specifications with ours to see how they align. We also have the 90-237, 90-169, and 90-301 face mount keepers which appear similar from what I can see of the old keeper. 

As for your other question, it sounds like your balances need to be replaced. Did you always have trouble with the windows or is this a recent problem? In either case, we will need to see an undamaged balance assembly removed from the window to compare to our inventory. We may need more information and photos after that depending on what you have. Just something to keep in mind. 

Quick Learner from CA
Aug 23, 2024 2:13 pm
Thank you Emily!

Please see some more photo's attached of the undamaged latch. I'm thinking it's 90-301. What do you think?

On the other issue, we recently moved into our home. I'm sure some of the parts are just aging out but it's certain windows that have issues. We haven't been here long enough to see any change over time, it's just been issues with some windows since we moved in. It is loud when we open many windows (maybe like a spring getting sprung very loudly) and many windows won't hold open all the way and slide down part way and stop (partially opened).

Anything else I can do to assess this and order the right parts?

-Ryan
Window Face Keeper Window Face Keeper Window Face Keeper Window Face Keeper
4 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 26, 2024 8:57 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

The 90-301 indeed looks like a close match. The 90-237 does as well and may be worth considering. 

Thank you for confirming. It could be that the balances just need to be replaced. We're happy to help with this but we'd need to see the complete balance removed from the window. Let me know if that's something you can get for us. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts