Window handle crank

Quick Learner from California
Aug 22, 2024 2:27 pm
Hi! We have managed to break off several window handles/cranks and are trying to figure out if we can replace the piece or what needs to be done.
image image image
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 23, 2024 11:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! Is the metal piece that the handle fits onto removeable? If it cannot be removed from the operator, you may need to replace the entire mechanism. Once  you've determined this, I'll be able to better assist you.

Quick Learner from California
Aug 23, 2024 12:21 pm
Hi! I removed this piece. I can try to remove the one underneath but am a little worried I might break it.
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 23, 2024 2:42 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Thanks for the photos! Please do not remove the piece underneath. It is part of the operator and machine pressed into the base. If this is removed or dislodged, that would render the operator completely useless.

It appears you have a Roto hardware operator. So you'll need the 39-224 Fold-down Crank Handle. I am confident this should work for your repairs.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts