Window sash release

Quick Learner from Pgh, pa
Aug 4, 2024 1:56 pm
I have a couple windows these are broke on, I sent pics of one that's ok. But I was unable to pop it out. I didn't want to break that one.
IMG_3174 IMG_3175 IMG_3176
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 5, 2024 3:11 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for posting! Your tilt latch was discontinued by the manufacturer a few years ago. While we can't offer an identical replacement, we have a potential solution that might require some adjustments to your window.

We recommend replacing the discontinued latch with a surface-mounted tilt latch. The 26-228 and 26-229 are popular choices, but other options are available. Check out the video tutorial for guidance.

Quick Learner from Pgh, pa
Aug 5, 2024 10:07 pm
you say adjustments? what would I have to do? thank you for your help so far., please let me know what would need to be done. Jim
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Aug 6, 2024 8:32 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy to help. You'll need to drill new installation holes in the sash to install the recommended replacement.

Please see the video provided reference.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts