Window and coil spring removal

Quick Learner from Calgary Canada
Mar 3, 2020 10:12 pm
Hello;
I have a window with broken coil springs, and I am not sure how to remove the window to get at the coil springs. The window does not come out when set a a 90 degree angle, as it appears to be in a solid pivot coil. I have attached a few pictures that hopefully you can assist me with.
Thanks
Dave
Window3 Window4 Window2 Window1
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Mar 5, 2020 1:02 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey, Dave. Your pivot shoe looks like a match for our 15-087, which means you'll want our Series 180 coil spring. You'll want the stamp off the old spring to confirm the best option.

As for removing your sash, it can be a little tricky. You basically have to force one pivot shoe up so that the pivot bar can slip out of the cam on one side, and then the other. See the video below for an example of what I mean; the balance system shown here is different, but the method of removing the sash itself is exactly the same.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts