need new balance

Home Owner from 86404
Oct 20, 2024 11:50 am
I need a replacement balance for my dual pane, non tilt sash window. I need 1 but would consider replacing 6 if the price is not to bad.

balance 1 balance 3 balance 4 balance 5 balance 6
5 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Oct 23, 2024 12:46 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, thank you for posting,

We can assist with replacement balances, but to narrow down the series needed, we will need to see pictures of the inside of the metal channel where we can view the connection point between the spring and pulley system. Please also provide a picture of the number stamped on the metal channel. Thank you! 

Home Owner from 86404
Oct 23, 2024 8:25 pm
I took out one of the good ones and took a couple pics. The pulley system and I found a printed number. Hope this helps!
Thanks!
Spring 28 4 Stamp
2 user uploaded images
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Yesterday 8:23 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for the additional images, 

With this combination of attachments, you could have either an S380 or S385 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. 

The length of the metal channel excluding the nylon attachments should measure 29" long and you will need a 2840 stamp option. Please review and let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Home Owner from 86404
Yesterday 3:52 pm
OK! Looks like I have the 29" 385 balance... the end is just wider than 1". The price seams great so, I'd like to order all 6 for this room.

Please let me know how to proceed with ordering. Thank You!
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Today 7:44 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

An order can be placed directly from the S385-29 product page and by choosing the 2840 option. Please review and let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Home Owner from 86404
Today 10:05 am
I've placed my order.... Thank you for your help!
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Today 11:32 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

No problem! Let us know if you have any future hardware questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts