need new balnaces

Handy Person from Minneapolis
Jul 22, 2024 10:16 am

To whom it may concern:

I went on your website and couldn't find this balance with the serial # 3190 30. Can you let me know what is equivalent that I can use on these windows here at the property.

Thank you!

wingless top fitting bottom shoe 3190 30 stamp bottom shoe bottom shoe
5 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 24, 2024 9:12 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid we can't identify this balance just yet. The bottom shoe appears to be damaged, so I'm not sure if it originally had wings. Could we see an undamaged version removed from the window? 

Handy Person from Minneapolis
Jul 24, 2024 10:36 am

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I am sending the pictures side by side each other.

Thank you again

bottom shoes bottom shoes bottom shoes
3 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 24, 2024 1:37 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you kindly! Based on your photos, I recommend the S351-32 or S390-32. The best match depends on the depth of the bottom shoe so you must measure as shown below.

Your 3190 stamp is outdated but the 30 stamp may indicate the sash weight. You can always weigh the sash to be certain but if the sash weighs 30 pounds, you can use the 3150 stamp. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 28 to 32 pounds.

I'll be here if you have any questions!

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts