windo tilt latch

Quick Learner from astoria ny
Aug 8, 2024 2:30 pm
I have vinyl replacement windows--the tilt latch doesn't seem to fit any measurements i find--no brand name on anything. seems to be good windows--35 years or so with no gas leaks. I will give my gage readings of measurement because it will be exact in INCHES.
the rectangular top is 2.68 long x .70 inches
the bottom (with one rounded edge is 2.56 inches long x .55 inches (not including the rail measurement)
its.45 inches from top to bottom
its arrow point ?thing--has a step.

Up to you--your help is appreciated---Thanks Mike
5 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Aug 12, 2024 8:39 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Mike, thank you for posting,

To further review, we will need to see pictures of the original tilt latch. From there we can determine the overall style and compare to our selection to see if we can provide a good fit! 

Aug 12, 2024 1:43 pm
thanks for the help 3 pictures below
IMG_3324 IMG_3325 IMG_3326
3 user uploaded images
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Aug 13, 2024 10:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you,

Unfortunately we do not carry an exact match from the dimensions provided. The best we can supply is the 26-243 and 26-244 or the 26-419 and 26-420. The main difference between these two is the underside latch dimension. 

Please review and double check dimensions to see what you think! 

Aug 13, 2024 8:45 pm

thanks Lauren I appreciate your help I placed an order---If they dont fit can I return and try the other?

Thanks Mike

Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Aug 14, 2024 7:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, 

Yes, please see our return policy here and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts